cTrader Desktop 4.2 Has Been Released!

amusleh's avatar

amusleh since: 01 Mar 2021;

  06 Jun 2022, 08:21
cTrader Desktop 4.2 Has Been Released!

ctid2514471 said:

Are any Australian brokers offering Desktop 4.2 as yet?
The Australian brokers just say "We offer cTrader" - But they don't specify which version.

The improvements here sound awesome, as a few of the improvements address issues that made me give up on my algorithmic trading ideas.

Hi,

All cTrader brokers will be updated to latest version eventually, we are rolling out version 4.2 slowly for all brokers.

Community Developer | Spotware | Telegram: @algodeveloper

ctid4797769 since: 16 Jun 2022;

  16 Jun 2022, 11:24
RE: RE: Any Australian brokers yet?

amusleh said:

ctid2514471 said:

Are any Australian brokers offering Desktop 4.2 as yet?
The Australian brokers just say "We offer cTrader" - But they don't specify which version.

The improvements here sound awesome, as a few of the improvements address issues that made me give up on my algorithmic trading ideas.

Hi,

All cTrader brokers will be updated to latest version eventually, we are rolling out version 4.2 slowly for all brokers.

Do we know who will be the first and a more specific when? There are key features we have been waiting for so I think everybody want to move :-)

amusleh's avatar

amusleh since: 01 Mar 2021;

  17 Jun 2022, 10:58
RE: RE: RE: Any Australian brokers yet?

ctid4797769 said:

amusleh said:

ctid2514471 said:

Are any Australian brokers offering Desktop 4.2 as yet?
The Australian brokers just say "We offer cTrader" - But they don't specify which version.

The improvements here sound awesome, as a few of the improvements address issues that made me give up on my algorithmic trading ideas.

Hi,

All cTrader brokers will be updated to latest version eventually, we are rolling out version 4.2 slowly for all brokers.

Do we know who will be the first and a more specific when? There are key features we have been waiting for so I think everybody want to move :-)

Hi,

We can't give you any ETA, we already released version 4.2 for some brokers, it will be released for other brokers in near future.

Community Developer | Spotware | Telegram: @algodeveloper

firemyst since: 26 Mar 2019;

  29 Jul 2022, 03:02
Issue with cTrader 4.2 attaching to processes for debugging

Hi @Spotware  / @Panagiotis:

These are some great features and additions.

However, there's one that as an annoying drawback. Let's say you have at least 3-5 tabs open with trading charts with custom indicators. Now you have Visual Studio open trying to debug one of those indicators. You want to attach Visual Studio to the process.

How do you know which one to attach to?

Here you can see that there's at least 10 algohost processes launched, none of which have a title.

How does anyone know what process to attach the specific code they're debugging to from IDE's like Visual Studio?

I have to attach to the first one. Are breakpoints hit? No? Ok, I have to try the second one. Are breakpoints hit now? No? I have to try attaching to the next process. And so on and so forth.

Is there any way to make this a bit easier for developers? Like, can't @Spotware include a "Title" (or some other identifying information) when the separate algohost processes are spawned?

Thank you.

swingfish's avatar

swingfish since: 25 Jun 2016;

  29 Jul 2022, 05:05
RE:

Spotware said:

one of the biggest selections of technical improvements within several years that benefit you - our cTrader community developers.

great, lot's of new things, including breaking basic charting functionality as it is now impossible to place/maintain or manage simple trendlines.

which in essence, makes trading simply impossible.

PanagiotisCharalampous's avatar

PanagiotisCharalampous since: 13 Jan 2017;

  01 Aug 2022, 14:22

Hi firemyst,

There is a new debugging process documented here.

Hi swingfish,

We would appreciate some more information that would allow us to reprduce and resolve these issues.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook 

Head of Community Management at cTrader

firemyst since: 26 Mar 2019;

  02 Aug 2022, 03:12
RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi firemyst,

There is a new debugging process documented here.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook 

Thank you @PanagiotisCharalampous!

The above worked for me using Visual Studio 2017.

ctid1220407 since: 24 May 2019;

  02 Aug 2022, 16:49
Backesting Issue with new version

Hi Team,

Previously after a backtest you could clilck on a trade in the Equity tab and it would locate the trade on the chart. This does not seem to work anymore?

Tradius since: 10 Nov 2018;

  04 Aug 2022, 18:23
Bugs on range chart

Good morning, since I downloaded version 4.2 all my strategy does repaint, I use atr in my methods and if you try to put atr on range charts you see the repaint, can you fix it?

PanagiotisCharalampous's avatar

PanagiotisCharalampous since: 13 Jan 2017;

  05 Aug 2022, 08:16

Hi Tradius,

Please create a separate thread, provide us with exact steps to reproduce this problem and we will hae a look.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

Head of Community Management at cTrader